I have been making versions of these for years, using different dried fruits and nuts and more or less chocolate, so far the combination below is definitely the most chocolate truffle-like and indulgent. Bliss balls are a super simple healthyish truffle, though you will need a food processor to make these, they are so easy and so delicious, that they are a year-round treat that happens to be happily kosher for Pesach as well. Try them, I promise they will become a family favorite!
- 300g (1 ¾ cups, about 14) Medjool dates, pitted
- 200g (1 ½ cups) raw cashews
- 20g (3 tablespoons) cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 60g (3 tablespoons) honey
- 50g (⅓ cup) shelled raw pistachios
- 150g dark chocolate, melted
- 35g shelled raw pistachios, roughly chopped
1. Place dates, cashews, cocoa, salt, and honey, and pistachios in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Process until you have a smooth thick paste.
2. Line a large tray with non-stick baking paper. Roll one half tablespoon-sized portions of the mixture into balls.
3. Using a fork, dip one bliss ball into the melted chocolate allowing excess to drip off. Place on a tray and sprinkle with pistachios. Repeat with remaining bliss balls, refrigerate for 20 minutes until set.
4. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.